Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Painting


The portrait of me you see to the left was painted by Mary Quian, an artist I formerly worked with on MK:Deception and Armageddon. I think she must have painted almost everybody in the PD department at the Midway Chicago studio at one point or another.

Among other things, she was responsible for creating the "Falling Cliffs" level in Deception; very cool. My understanding is she moved on to character design and modelling after that.

She is a very talented 3D artist and has a strong passion for painting.

I can't say enough about how cool it is to be able to work with so many talented individuals in the video game development business.

Check out her website: http://www.maryqian.com/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome to have a professional painting of yourself! On second glance, it does look a little like that Kramer portrait from one of the Seinfeld episodes. Did she use a photo of you, or did you have to pose in a chair while she painted?

Jim Terdina said...

I sat in a chair in one of the conference rooms in the front at Midway Chicago... Now that you mention it maybe she used Kramer's portrait for reference :)